Shipping and Delivery
Shipping / Rates:
Highs and Lows aim to fulfill all orders as soon as possible, Orders are generally processed within 2 business days and are shipped as below:
Orders placed before 9AM (AWST) on a business day will be processed on the same day and orders placed after 9AM (AWST)will be processed the following day .
Orders placed after 9AM (AWST) on a Friday will be processed the following Monday.
You will receive an order update email containing your tracking information the same day your order is processed and updates in tracking will become available once the parcel is scanned in. Occasionally during periods of high order volume, such as a promotion or holiday, shipment processing can exceed the 2 day window. Orders placed over the weekend or on holidays will be shipped the following business day.
We are not responsible for any delays and/or damage caused in-transit by the delivery service or customs agencies.
If you have received a shipping notification, please refer to our return policy for how to cancel/alter your order.
International Custom Duties and taxes:
It is the responsibility of the buyer to assure the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country. Upon completion of an order from Highs and Lows the recipient is the importer and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Orders that are shipped to countries outside of Australia may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. These are payable by you as the importer. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information.
Goods and Services Tax:
Customer's ordering from outside Australia will receive a 10% GST discount on their order. This is applied at checkout once your delivery details are complete. To work out the price with the GST discount applied, divide the displayed price by 1.1. Simply reducing the price by 10% does not apply as the discount is only applicable to the GST inclusive amount.
- We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged shipments.
- We cannot change or intercept a package to alter the delivery.
- We only ship to the billing address provided at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on location.
- Redelivery due to incorrectly supplied addresses will be charged at the customers expense.
What personal data is collected?
During our relationship with you, we may collect Personal Data from you. Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect includes your name, contact details, mailing and delivery addresses, email address, birthday, facial image, your shopping or browsing behaviours, voice recording (from customer service calls) and any other personally identifiable information that you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us. Where such information pertains to an identified individual - Personal Data may also include network and device data such as IP address and device or advertising identifiers and information we obtain using cookies or other tracking technologies. We may also collect information about you from third-party sources and platforms (including data validation services, authentication service providers, social networking sites, online marketing and segmentation providers and ad targeting companies) to supplement the information we collect directly from you.
If you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third-party by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third-party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
How do we collect personal data?
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You register an account on the Website or the Apps;
- You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter or product notifications;
- You browse our products and services or otherwise interact with our Website and Apps;
- You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on your device;
- You interact with our customer service team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, chat, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- You purchase a gift card for redemption on Highs and Lows;
- You participate in our promotions and giveaways, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- Your authorised representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorised by you, for example if such representative is purchasing our product or service to be delivered to you or as a gift;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers, business or commercial partners provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- You voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
How do we use your data?
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- provide, maintain, protect and improve our technology, products and services, and monitor their effectiveness;
- register and maintain your user account and to verify your identity or age;
- process your order for our products or services, process or collect your payment for the order;
- deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- facilitate you transacting via alternative payment methods (such as Paypal or Afterpay);
- process your returns or refunds in accordance with our Terms and Conditions;
- provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish-list, brand or product and browser notifications;
- personalise and improve your customer experience when you visit the Website and the Apps, for example by prioritising products and services appearing in your search results or feed, or in communications we send you;
- monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions, including dispute resolution;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud detection and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law, regulation or regulator’s directive; and
- ensure our Website and Apps function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimising our Website and Apps.
In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, to:
- send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, promotions or the Platforms;
- deliver ads that are related to our products and services that are targeted and personalised to your interests, attributes, preferences and experiences on the Platforms or other websites, apps or online platforms;
- provide you with any add-on or premium services;
- invite you to our private customer events;
- process your participation in our promotions and giveaways (including contacting you if you win, displaying your details online, publishing your name in relevant newspapers or disclosing details of winners to relevant authorities, if required by law), initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking;
- promote our products and services on our Platforms;
- manage the administrative and business operations of Highs and Lows and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- improve your customer experience across all touchpoints and training our customer experience team, such as by recording and monitoring phone calls;
- any specific purpose in relation to a particular product or service, which we may separately notify you on the product or service page; and
We may also use or disclose your Personal Data for secondary purposes in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
Who will your data be shared with?
In relation to our use of your Personal Data for the Purposes or Additional Purposes, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- our employees, consultants, temporary workers or other representatives;
- payment processors, who process your payment on the Website and the Apps;
- logistics providers, such as courier, fulfilment or parcel-pickup services which will deliver your order to you, and parcel return partners;
- our professional advisers, bankers and auditors;
- agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us or who help provide our services to you, such as online cloud storage and processing, fraud detection and monitoring, marketing optimisation, information technology, telecommunications, market research, customer analysis or tracking, security or other relevant services which requires that entity’s collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; and
- any other party whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
We do our best to minimise the disclosure of your Personal Data to the information necessary to perform the related Purpose or Additional Purpose. However, we may also disclose your Personal Data for secondary purposes if the secondary purpose is related to the Purpose or Additional Purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose, otherwise in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
You acknowledge and agree that, should we sell, merge or otherwise change control of our business, our company or the Website to a third-party:
- we shall be permitted to disclose the Personal Data and other information that we have collected from you to the third-party, without giving notice or seeking prior consent from you; and
- we shall be entitled to assign the benefit of any agreements we have with you to the third-party.
How can I access or amend my personal data?
You may access or correct some Personal Data including your name, birthday, shipping and billing addresses by logging in to your user account on the Website or Apps under “/account > and clicking the “edit addresses” button.
For Personal Data that cannot be corrected by you by logging in to your user account on the Website or Apps, you may request to access and correct such Personal Data by submitting a written request to us via email@example.com, We may need to request additional information from you to confirm your identity before providing the access or making corrections.
We will do our best to respond to Personal Data access and correction requests within 30 days.
While Highs and Lows makes reasonable efforts to provide our users with access to their Personal Data, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide such access, including but not limited to: where the information in question is legally privileged, would compromise the privacy or other legitimate rights of other persons, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, where the request is clearly excessive or unfounded, or where the information requested comprises proprietary business information.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email or SMS, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How do I unsubscribe or get my account deleted?
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing communications, you can do this as follows:
- to withdraw consent for marketing emails - by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ or ‘Update your preferences’ link in the email;
- to withdraw consent for marketing SMS - by following the steps provided in the SMS; or
- by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing communications, it may take up to 14 days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Please note you may still receive marketing communications during this period.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications through a specific communication mode (e.g. SMS) we may still contact you via other communication modes you have subscribed to (e.g. email).
Note it is not possible to unsubscribe from non-promotional (transactional) communications relating to your online orders or the operation of your account.
You may remove your account by emailing email@example.com, We will process such a request within a reasonable time from receiving notice from you of your withdrawal of consent. Once the processing is complete, we will no longer collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data, except to the extent we retain your Personal Data for compliance, regulatory or other legal purposes.
Management of personal data:
You should ensure that all Personal Data you submit to us is complete, accurate, up-to-date and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. You should keep us updated of any relevant changes to your Personal Data. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data if you have not updated us of such changes.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Data likely to be used by us or disclosed by us to another organisation is accurate, up-to-date and correct.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured and to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we will not be responsible for any unauthorised use of Personal Data by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control. Further, given that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any (personal or other) information you transmit to us; and as such we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to our Platforms being linked to the Internet.
Retention and destruction of data:
When Personal Data in our possession is (i) no longer required for any reason connected to the purpose it was originally collected or (ii) retention by us is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes, we will exercise measures to ensure such Personal Data is either destroyed or anonymised. If this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Third party cookies and tracking technologies:
Highs and Lows uses the services of third-party vendors, who may implement one or more persistent “Tracking Technologies” (such as cookies, GTags, pixels, local storage, or other identifiers on your device and browser settings) in order to recognise you and your device each time you visit our Website or Apps. We use these technologies for a number of purposes to enhance your online experience, such as for preference setting, offer selection, analytics, conversion attribution and fraud reduction. We use both session and persistent tracking technologies.
Advertisements or other services on the Website or Apps may be delivered by third-party agencies. These advertisements may also include Tracking Technologies. The collection, use, and disclosure of information, including Personal Data, collected by such third-party Tracking Technologies are subject to the privacy and data protection policies of the third-party vendors and are not under our control.
You may reject first-party and third-party Tracking Technologies through the settings on your browser. Note that this may result in the loss of Website or App functionality, restrict your use of the Website or App, or delay or affect the way in which the Website or App operates.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Website and Apps. The primary service providers we use are Google analytics and Facebook.
Highs and Lows may use Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, including but not restricted to the following: Google Optimize, Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Using the Google Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and Google Optimize and customise Google Display Network ads.
Highs and Lows also uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online; third-party vendors, including Google, may show Highs and Lows ads on sites across the internet. Highs and Lows and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party Tracking Technologies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party Tracking Technologies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on visitors’ past visits to Highs and Lows, as well as report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to Highs and Lows.
When you log on to the Highs and Lows website, Highs and Lows with the help of Google Analytics may use your browsing behaviour to connect it with any other data that has previously been provided by you, in accordance with this policy.
Facebook Insights is a tool which tracks user interaction on the Highs and Lows’s Facebook page, allowing page admins to track usage and improve page performance.
Facebook Analytics is a behavioural analytics solution that helps to track, measure, better understand, and optimise products and customer experience and provides audience information and unifies analytics across devices and channels.
Emails should clearly state that you are making a data protection query, request or complaint in the subject line to ensure the matter is dealt with expediently. We will strive to deal with any query, request or complaint promptly and fairly.
You can find more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Data on the website of the OAIC at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Online Returns and Exchanges
Online Returns & Exchanges:
Highs and Lows will accept returns on all full priced items for any reason within 7 days of receipt for a credit note.
Orders can be returned at the customers own expense, Please use a reliable and trackable return service, as Highs and Lows will not take responsibility for any returns lost or damaged in transit.
If you have any further questions simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and a team member will assist you.
All items must be in their original condition; unworn, unused, unwashed with the swing tags attached, and are accepted at the discretion of our team.
All footwear must be in original condition with no markings or scratches on the sole and must be returned in their original undamaged shoe box.
Any returned items that are deemed worn, untagged, washed or damaged by our returns department will be sent back to you at your expense.
No refunds or exchanges are permitted on sale items under any circumstances. Unless the item is not fit for purpose(faulty) or damaged.
Shipping costs for ‘change of mind’ or exchanges will not be refunded.
Return shipping costs on exchanges are at the purchaser’s responsibility.
To begin the exchange or return process please email email@example.com no more than 7 business days after receiving your order. To begin a return you will receive a return authorisation email containing the return address.
Please note all requests for return of goods are considered on a case-by-case basis and we reserve the right to refuse a return.
Damaged or faulty goods:
Highs and Lows makes all efforts to quality control all items prior to dispatch
In the case that something is faulty or damaged, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, using the steps mentioned above, please also include a brief description of the fault.
Once the product has been assessed and deemed faulty by our team we will replace the product. If a replacement is not available you will be eligible for a store credit or refund.
Please send a photograph of the fault, this will prevent any possible delays in the returns process. Upon receiving the defective product, we will then consider each claim on a claim by case basis and in liaison with the manufacturer.
If you believe you have received an item different to the one you ordered, please email email@example.com please also include a brief description or photo of the item you have received instead.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for online purchases:
Highs and Lows strives to provide the best service possible to best understand our online terms and conditions please take the time to read the following. If anything remains unclear or you have any questions please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org a team member will respond to you and assist with your query.
Information Provided by Highs and Lows:
Information about goods on the Site is based on material provided by third party merchants, suppliers and/or product manufacturers. Except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) we cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect information supplied to us or by these third parties.
Due to photographic and screen limitations associated with the representation of products, some actual products (including, in particular, clothing, apparel and shoes) may differ to a small extent in visual appearance (for example in colour) from the way they appear on the Site.
The standard sizing used throughout Highs and Lows is Mens sizing unless stated otherwise. For footwear we list all sizing in US mens.
All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD). Prices listed on the website do not include delivery charges. Prices listed on the website do include GST. GST will be deducted at the checkout for all international orders (shipping outside of Australia).
We accept credit card payments via Shopify Payments (Visa, Mastercard & American Express). All information is encrypted using SSL encryption, which prevents unauthorised access to card details. You will be asked for your card number, its period of validity and the CCV. You may receive follow up requests to verify you have obtained this information legitimately.
PayPal allows secure payment with your Paypal account or credit card. You will be redirected to Paypal to finalise your order. Once your order is completed, you will be automatically redirected to highsandlows.net.au Please allow your payment screen time to finish loading or your order may not process correctly.
Afterpay allows you to pay for your purchase over 4 instalments due every 2 weeks. In some cases, Afterpay may require you to make a payment at the time of purchase. You must be over 18 years old and be the authorised holder of an eligible debit/credit card. All orders are subject to Afterpay’s approval – for example, if you have any overdue payments, Afterpay will not be available to you. Afterpay will automatically try to process payments on the scheduled dates from your card. If a payment is not processed on or before the due date, late fees will apply – initial $10 late fee, and a further $7 if the payment remains unpaid 7 days after the due date.
Please note, after you have placed an order, a receipt is automatically generated and mailed to you confirming the purchase intent. This receipt does not constitute a contract, and Highs and Lows reserves the right to cancel the corresponding order at any time, due to insufficient stock, inability to authorize a credit card, suspicion of fraudulent activity or for any unforeseen reason or circumstance. In the event that your order is cancelled by Highs and Lows the refund will automatically go to your nominated credit card that was charged on the initial order.
Afterpay Order Cancellations:
Please note that any Afterpay order cancellations will incur a fee to the total of 10% of your order value.
Changing an order:
To make changes to an order we require you to contact us within 2 hours, We cannot make changes to an order that has been shipped. If you decide to change an order that has already been dispatched you may be required to return the goods (at your own expense), for complete information please refer to our Returns and Exchange policy found Here.
Highs And Lows Special Releases:
Once an order is placed on a special / limited release or Highs and Lows collaborative release, the sale is considered final and can not be cancelled or altered. No exceptions. Due to a high volume of orders on special releases, we ask for your patience and that you allow up to 2-3 business days for orders to be processed and to receive tracking information.
Limited Releases (In-store and online):
Strictly one pair per customer on Limited release items.
For Raffles there is one entry per person permitted, Anyone entering more than once will automatically be disqualified.
No returns on any limited release product, unless the product is faulty or damaged.
For in-store and online purchases we may request proof of identification in the form of Drivers licence or passport.
Highs and Lows reserves the right to determine suspected resellers and cancel any orders without notice or warning.
Orders that do not comply with these terms will be cancelled.
Any Orders with an address that is known to be a freight forwarding company will be cancelled.
Orders may be cancelled if there is no recognisable first and last name, the billing and shipping addresses differ in country or the name differs from the name on the account registered with Highs and Lows.
Fraud Protection :
In the cases deemed necessary by Highs and Lows we may ask to verify the authenticity of a proposed purchaser by requesting the customer to email a scan of a government-issued photo ID and the front and back of their credit card. This information is not kept on file and is used only to verify that a proposed purchase is legitimate. If so requested, please send an email to email@example.com with the required attachments. Any documents provided will be destroyed after the indented use is completed.
Highs And Lows does not guarantee the availability of items listed on www.highsandlows.net.au. If we are out of stock on an item you ordered, we will notify you as soon as possible via email. Depending on vendor availability and season-to-season availability, sold out items may not be restocked. Placing an order with Highs and Lows does not establish a binding contract, orders may be cancelled at any time due to insufficient stock, credit card errors or declinations, suspicion of fraudulent activity, etc.
We reserve the right to limit quantities of items purchased by each customer. In addition, we reserve the right to cancel any order or part of an order.